Admissions into Muhyideen College of Education, Ilorin
Click here to view the admission list
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION INTO NCE REGULAR PROGRAMMES
The College is guided by the government regulation on admission of suitably qualified candidates. The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) advertises each year, inviting applications for suitably qualified candidates for admission into all College of Education in the country for the regular NCE programme
General Admission Requirements into 3-Year NCE Programme
- A West African Senior Secondary School Certificate (WASSC) NECO or G.C.E 'O' with passes in 5 subjects, including English language, three of which must be at credit level at the same sitting or four credits at two sittings. Two of the credits must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to offer. Credit in English and/ or Mathematics may be required in some courses to meet Departmental requirements.
- A Grade II Teacher's Certificate (TCII) with credit or merit in three subjects, two of which must be relevant to the course thecandidate wishes to offer. Credit/merit in English Language and/or Mathematics may be requirement in some courses.
- Teachers' Grade II certificate with at least (5)years of post qualification teaching experience with or without the number of credit/merits in at least four subjects are acceptable qualifications.
- For candidates wishing to offer courses in Vocational and Technical Education, R.S.A. or City and Guides/Intermediate Certificate or the Federal Craft Training Certificate or the National Business and Technical Examination Board (NABTEB) Certificate with credit/merit in at least four subjects are acceptable qualifications.
- Associateship Certificate in Education at merit level awarded by an approved institution in Nigeria or abroad, is also an acceptable qualification.
- Successful candidates in the Pre-NCE final Examination who in addition take and succeed in a selection examination organized by an accredited body would also be qualified for admission.
- All candidates wishing to be considered for admission must enroll for and write the selection examination organized by an accredited body JAMB. Post JAMB screening test is organized for prospective candidate too.
In addition to the College general requirements, candidates must satisfy the following respective departmental requirement
- English Students who wish to offer English as a major Teaching subject must have a Credit/Merit in English Language and at least, a pass in Literature in English at Senior School Certificate (SSC) NECO Level.
- Science those who wish to offer Primary Science, Biology, Computer, Geography or Economics must, at least, have an O/Level pass in Mathematics.
- Business Education (Accounting Option)
Accounting Education, Business Management: must. have a Credit in Accounts and Mathematics plus Credit in commerce and Economics.
- Physics and Health Education (PHE):
Candidates with Grade II Teacher Certificate (passed) with Credit/Merit in P.H.E and a pass in any of the following: General Science, Health Science, Biology, Integrated Science, Health Science, may also be considered for admission into NCE PHE.
- NCE Arabic Medium
(a) Senior Islamic Studies Certificate (SISC)
(b) ThanawiyyahlTaojihiyyah Certificate from recognized Institution in Nigeria.
(c) Candidate with Thanawiyyah Certificate from Arab countries shall be subjected to examination and interview before admission into the programme.
- Social Studies: Those who wish to offer Social Studies must have Credit/merit in Grade II Social Studies and two of the following subject: Government Economics, Geography and History.
- Primary Science: Credit/Merit in Integrated Scienqe, General Science or in anyone of the following: Physics Chemistry, Biology. Mathematics is a necessary condition for admission.
- Primary Education Studies: Grade II Teacher Certificate with at least three years post qualification teaching experience. All candidates must have at least a pass English language at TC II certificate or WASC/GCE 'O' Level, or IJMB 'O' Level.